- Download and Install Sublime Text 3
- Install Package Control
- Install The Following Packages
1. Control + Shift Plus P
2. Package Control: Install Package
3. Wait for it to connect to internet and then type one of the following package names.
- A File Icon
- All Autocomplete
- Emmet Css Snippets
- HTML-CSS-JS Prettify
- Pretty JSON
- SASS Snippets
- Install My Snippets
- Download My Snippets
- Place in the following folder
- From Finder, Go (Menu) > Go To Folder...
- Paste the following in the field ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User
Install Google Chrome
- Download and install from Google Chrome
Why Google Chrome?
While it's important that you test in all the common web browsers, for the sake of common ground I will be using Google Chrome to teach the concepts covered throughout each course. To enhance your learning experience its required that you download and use Google Chrome for the duration of my classes.
Install Google Chrome Plugins
The following are plugins that I use in Google Chrome to provide additional functionality (e.g. guides, screenshots).
Create a Github Account
- Create a free account on Github. Will also make it easier if you do this before downloading git desktop client, as it will ask for your Gihub account.
- Open Terminal, Copy and Paste the following command
- git --version
If Git is already installed, you will get the version number. If not, it will prompt you to install XCode Command Line Tools (yes you should install the XCode Command Line Tools).
For WindowsInstall Git For Windows Video
- Download and install Git For Windows
Windows Atom Tip
The Platformio IDE Terminal Plugin gives you the ability to open terminal right in Atom. Since Windows uses Git Bash, its a good idea to point Atom to Git Bash for quick access/
Set the default shell in: Edit>>Settings>>Packages>>Platformio Ide Terminal>>Settings>>Shell Override
You can use the git's bash as proposed here as you probably already have git installed.
Git is the Industry standard for version control. Makes it easy to roll things back, try things out, and work in teams without concern for doing too much damage. You cna make a mess, and have the ultimate undo at your fingertips. You can merge your work with others, without worrying so much about conflicts. Well, it helps you manage any conflicts that arise as they come.
Github is a place for you to publish and collaborate on your work. The free version uses public repositories, wher paid for versions let you privatize your projects, if need be.